1. It is so egregiously American that Americans don't think it is American. In other words, they think it is just the normal way that everyone behaves. Or, if they acknowledge that other people do not behave in this way, they think the other way is stupid.
2. It is usually something Americans think is serious. It is always something Italians think is silly.
Here are some examples:
1. Movies in which someone learns to be a nicer person and is rewarded with a good job or some sort of sports championship. Come back later for a link to a list of films.
2. Clothing with the name of a school, college, university, or place of employment which are NOT joke.
3. T-shirts and sweatshirts in general, especially in public.
3. People who appear to be neither construction workers nor athletically inclined wearing expensive technical shoes, like hiking or construction boots, on an ordinary Wednesday in the suburbs
4. Eating or drinking while driving and having features in one's car, like cup holders and food trays, intended to facilitate this habit.
5. Warnings like the following, which was lifted word for word from a container of dry roasted peanuts: "Ingredients: Peanuts... Allergens: Peanuts...This product contains peanuts...This product was processed in a plant that processes peanuts."
6. Corporate "missions" and executive attempts to get employees all excited about them.
Got more in mind? Leave them in the comments section.